MB I-Shaft Test System
The MB I-Shaft test system is used to evaluate performance characteristics of I-Shafts, inner tie-rods, columns, couplings and isolators or combinations under environmental, wear and various boundary conditions.
An ultra-quiet Driver Simulator is used to apply controlled static or oscillating torsional loads. The control software acquires, computes and outputs position, wrap-up, hysteresis and other parameters of importance.
Analysis of stick-slip, lash, torsional stiffness and hysteresis of I-Shafts, inner tie-rods & columns
- Analysis of
- Torsional Stiffness
- Wrap-Up & Hysteresis
- Ultra-quiet Driver Simulator applies static torsional loads or oscillations
- Custom test parameters for
- Up to 4 measurements for position, stiffness and/or hysteresis
- Upper steering
- Intermediate shaft
- Column only
- TTL quadrature encoders mount to steering column, shaft etc.
- Torque resolution: 0.01 Nm
- Angular resolution of Wrap-Up: 0.01 deg
- Software acquires, computes and outputs position, wrap-up, hysteresis & other parameters if importance
- Detection and measurement of Stick-Slip with user definable failure limits
- Optional NVH test system for objective evaluation of operating noise and vibrations under different loads and boundary conditions.